Till now, if you observe, we always heard that Learning Management Systems are only useful when you have a large employee count in an organization i.e. 500 and above employee count.
Yes, this was true but no more valid. If you see earlier, the employees were looked upon as a robot who is wired to do the same kind of job every day. The sales were completely linear and the company culture was never heard of.
But it’s no more valid today. We now see so many different business models getting evolved and the way whole sales and marketing is done or the way the employee culture is built is completely different.
Today the organization should build a hybrid learning culture which is meant for three important pillars of an organization i.e. Employees, Customers, and Partners.
Take for example HubSpot.
It is a classic case of how learning systems should be today. HubSpot academy helps everyone in their ecosystem – the employees, the customers, and most importantly the partners who are their extended sales channel. Today HubSpot academy plays a huge role in brand building and revenue generation for HubSpot
I was a HubSpot Silver Partner and I know how beautifully the HubSpot academy weaves the whole culture of the organization into its partners as well.
A traditional LMS platform cannot hold a HubSpot academy. Hence there is a need for new-age Learning Management Systems.
So let’s see what are the key features required in new-age Learning Management Systems.
- Access it from Anywhere: A Cloud-based LMS is a basic requirement today. The reason is that you can access it from your browser or mobile or tab from anywhere. For sure there will be security controls like you have for your emails but then you are letting the learning happen when the employee/customer/partner or your future customer wants it not by pushing it down his throat.
- Superior Course Creation Experience: Yes, this is key. It should not be a tedious process to launch a course. In today’s world where things are so dynamic, course creation should be very easy and straightforward.
- Support Different Content Types: It can be a YouTube video, uploading a recorded video, presentation, documents, pdfs, quizzes, or embedding any type of third-party content. The course should accommodate them all.
- Superior Learning Experience: Today we all are wired to Web 2.0 and upcoming Web 3.0 where the way the applications are presented to us are totally different. They are extremely appealing to the eyes and very user-friendly. Learning is all about providing the experience which enables the members to spend more time
- Easy on Admins: Admins have a lot of housekeeping stuff to do in an LMS. Adding the course creators, course takers (Employees, customers, partners), Enrolling for the courses, disabling the login access, and many more. So the Learning Management Systems should be easy for the course admins.
- Sales Landing Pages & Catalogs: The LMS should provide the flexibility to create the sales landing pages for your courses and also group the courses into a catalogue. As an organization, you should surely have the option where you can also market and sell some specific courses of high interest in your industry.
- Dashboard & Reporting: You want to have a dashboard that can give you a sneak peek at what’s happening and also the reports which you can download for future analysis and sharing with the right stakeholders.
- Course Completion Certificates: Who would not love to have the certificate on completion of a course right!! Yes, everybody loves it and your LMS should let you design the certificates according to your branding in the easiest way. The course takers should also be able to download them with a click
- Integrations Friendly: Today every business has a lot of systems and you surely want that the LMS speaks to some critical systems like HR, Active Directory, Partner Portals, Sales CRM, OKR software, and more. So LMS you choose should surely be friendly for integrations
- Custom Branding: As you would be putting the courses out not only to employees but to your customers and partners, branding plays a very critical role. Your logos, brand colours, communication templates, etc should all match your brand, and changing them should be just a click away.
- Assessments: Creating and conducting assessments must be just in few clicks. You should be able to score and show the results also then and there. No point in having courses in one platform and the assessments on another.
- Mobile-Friendly: We all live in a mobile world and our work also now very much part of our mobile. So for sure the learning systems should not only be accessible by browsers but should be mobile friendly also.
- SEO Friendly: You surely want that your public courses are picked up by Google and show up in search results. Your courses are surely a gateway to your future customers 🙂
If your current LMS does not have the above features, then you should switch to another one immediately !!
FreshLMS is a new-age Learning Management System that can revolutionize the learning experience in your organization today !!2